Seybuy connects thoughtful consumers around the world with creative entrepreneurs. It’s an ecosystem where people of all backgrounds inspire each other and build relationships through making, selling, and buying unique goods. We want everyone on Seybuy to feel safe, and our priority is fostering an inclusive environment. This policy explains the kind of behaviour we prohibit on Seybuy to make sure we all have a positive experience.
Seybuy prohibits the use of our Services to discriminate against people based on the following personal attributes (collectively, “protected groups”):
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Any other characteristic protected under applicable law
It is your responsibility to know your local laws and any other legal regulations on discrimination that might apply to you. Additionally, Seybuy does not allow hate speech. Hate speech occurs when violent, offensive, derogatory or demeaning language is directed at a person or group based on their one or more protected group attributes.
Whether you’re engaging with public features on Seybuy, such as listing items, and writing reviews, or having direct communication with other members of the Seybuy community, such as via Messages, discrimination and hate speech are not allowed. As a seller on Seybuy, your shop content, including shop announcements and shop policies, cannot display discriminatory behaviour toward protected groups. Examples of prohibited behaviour include, but are not limited to:
- Refusal of service based on membership in one or more protected group
- Expressing intolerance or a lack of respect for another member on the basis of protected group attributes
- Having a shop policy that excludes sales to members of one or more protected groups listed above
- Directly or indirectly making derogatory or demeaning remarks against protected groups listed above
- Racial slurs
- Posts that support or glorify hate groups and their members
If you think discrimination or hate speech has occurred on Seybuy, please report it by emailing [email protected], and we will investigate. If you see a listing on Seybuy which you believe violates our Prohibited Items Policy, including prohibited hate items, we encourage you to flag the item by using the chat support in the lower right corner of your screen or by using our contact page.
Last updated on Jan 10, 2020